Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Beach Kids


This track was recorded at the Ontario Ave. entrance to Deland Park, as described in the map to the left. The most audible sound came from a group of children to the left of me, though I was watching another group play on the playground equipment about 100 feet in front of me. As I was listening to the sound record, I had to stifle my own laughter when I watched one young boy, no older than 6, jump 7 feet from a platform and make a 7-point landing--hands, feet, knees, and forehead--into the white sand below, then hop up and run off.

The beach itself was fairly expansive, probably 300 feet from shoreline to street, and at least two thirds of a mile long, though the constant tremor of Lake Michigan ensured the only sound I could capture would be that very close to me.

No comments: